Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving

So it's almost Thanksgiving. I know it's a bit corny and unsophisticated, but here's a list of things I am thankful for:

- I am thankful for my family: a group of people to come home to who think I am special and important, despite my foibles, weaknesses, failures and genuine (real) deficiencies as a person, parent, spouse.

- I am thankful for a spouse who cares for me and treats me with respect and loves me in so many ways.

- I am thankful for beautiful children who look at me with adoration and for who I am everything.

- I am thankful for a job that allows me to provide for my kids.

- I am thankful for living in a wonderful place that I have come to love.

- I am thankful for friends who genuinely love me, and value me as a wonderful person. People who look at me and see me as a glorious individual instead of seeing the above-mentioned foibles and weaknesses.

- I am thankful for my parents and siblings who value me as an individual and remind me of where I come from and that I am not alone in the Universe.

- I am thankful for having had a chance to have lived in many places and experienced many different things and people.

- I am thankful to the Universe, or Fate, or God, for giving me the privilege of being human, being self-aware and being able to enjoy the indescribable pleasure, pain, joy, sadness, companionship and loneliness of being human.

- I am thankful to have had so many hard experiences and always have had people around me help me get through to the other side.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Dana,
I am thankful for your blog! And your recent comment on mine. And every one of your posts. You inspired my latest Humans Should Not mate for Life post and have given me lots to think about. And lots to write about. Thanks and hang in there.