Friday, November 16, 2007

More on monogamy

Not sure exactly what I think about this article, but it made for interesting reading and thought it would be a good follow-up to my last entry:

http://nymag.com/lifestyle/sex/annual/2005/15063/

The fact that I came across this article was a freakish coincidence: Immediately after I initially posted it I had the chance to go out with some friends and hear stories of sexual adventure, interspersed with downright eloquent and seemingly genuine stories of devotion to S.O. and children. The only way to describe it is that they live in a different world than I do, with different rules. They are moral in that they follow their rules, but they have a different rulebook.

I don't know that one can change one's rulebook though, can one? Or are we stuck with the rules we bought into when we were 15, just like we are stuck with our taste for music.

It would make my life easier to be able to re-write my own rules, I just don't know if I can do it and still like what I see in the mirror in the morning.

No comments: