Sunday, May 18, 2008

Regulation

One of the more difficult aspects of the end of my marriage is the extreme volatility of my emotions. They oscillate rapidly, sometimes in the same day, but usually from one day to the next. I never know going to bed what I will feel like waking up: happy, sad, euphoric, depressed, serene, lonely. The previous post was incredibly angry, today I feel o.k. again, like things will work out. I sometimes feel insane just from the speed at which my emotions change.

There are three things I have found that regulate my emotions: sleep, exercise and human interaction. The first two are mostly within my control, the last one somewhat less so. It's hard to meet people. My status of "separated" doesn't help, as that appears to be some kind of scarlet letter in the social world: neither married nor single, and likely to be mired in complicated and ugly problems with the ex.

It's o.k. Much of what I need to do is figure myself out, by myself: let those roller-coaster emotions settle out a bit, live my life as I want it lived. No one else can do that for me. I do need to exercise and sleep though... so do it, moron!

O.k., well today is Sunday. I'm hoping to go to Church and get me some God, as a friend says, along with a little human contact.

Have a nice day y'all.

No comments: