Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I am a writer

My 11 y.o. daughter has played in a couple movies ("The Two Bobs" and "Shorts"). I asked her if she would buy me car when she became an actor. She looked at me and stated with confidence "I am an actor". She has acted, therefore she is an actress.

In the same spirit, I will publicly state: "I am a writer". I did not say I was a good writer, but I write, therefore I am a writer. I am taking a creative writing class at the Austin Community College in the hopes that I can improve my skills, or at least have fun. I am right now procrastinating from doing homework I need to do by tomorrow. Given the volume of homework I have, I may not have as much time as I did before to blog. I may let you know how the class is going. After one class, all I have to say is that anyone who is capable of writing fiction, or even better fiction with dialogue is a genius. I'm talking to you, you know who you are, you!

Ok, I should go, I have homework to do and I don't want to disappoint.

Take care everyone.

No comments: