Friday, April 11, 2008

More intent

Some time ago, I posted an entry entitled intent in which I described what I intended to do about my marriage.

In the same spirit, I would like to state what I want to do in this next phase of my life, after my wife and I separate in a couple weeks.

During the next year,

I intend to really live and find out who I am on my own.

I intend to cultivate the friends I have and make new ones.
I intend to engage in my hobbies and perhaps find new ones, time permitting.
I intend to exercise regularly.
I intend to date.
I intend to meet, discover and appreciate new people.
I intend to read more.
I intend to go to the library more.
I intend to buy and even more importantly listen to music.
I intend to go to museums, zoos, shows, concerts, with friends, my kids, by myself.
I intend to be a better, funner, more attentive and engaged father.
I intend to join some clubs, groups or take some classes.
I intend to plan fun activities and adventures for myself.
I intend to be good to and supportive of my estranged wife.
I intend to maintain a sense of family with my family, including my wife.
I intend to develop more self-confidence in social settings.
I intend to stop deferring happiness and joy.
I intend to have a plan to work on the above by late-May.

I intend to live with intent.

No comments: