Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The End of Information

Last night I was watching an episode of a TV show on my laptop. It was fairly interesting, well acted, good character development. A bit too "soap opera"-ish, but that's ok.

There was one line which really resonated with me: "When you run out of new information, it's time decide". It doesn't mean making a decision is easy, but it means there is, or should be, an end to the data-gathering and data-processing phase.

I tend to over-analyze and over-discuss everything, as the gentle reader may have noted. This is not a good quality when done in excess.

I sometimes lose patience with myself, why can't I just decide what I want to do and do it, instead of interminably talking, thinking, blogging about it?

I have a difficult, but painfully simple choice facing me.

I'm out of new information.

I should decide.

No comments: